Please read this End-User License Agreement (“Agreement”) carefully before downloading, using, or purchasing MyDiamo Free License, MyDiamo Commercial License. By downloading, using, or purchasing the Application, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not purchase, and do not download or use the Application.
There are two types of license policies for MyDiamo—Free License and Commercial License.
MyDiamo Free License
MyDiamo Free License (MDFL) allows users to test out and evaluate the product for zero cost. This version supports up to 128-bit encryption and allows five(5) columns with the setting of five(5) security policies. The license will expire if it is not activated within a week issue and must be renewed monthly for additional or continuous testing.
MyDiamo Commercial License
MyDiamo Commercial License (MDCL) is a paid subscription service for commercial use. Online technical support from an assigned MyDiamo expert is provided for all MDCL service users. The license is offered as a yearly subscription and priced according to the number of cores.
For more information regarding MDCL licensing conditions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensing privileges and usage restrictions.
1. MyDiamo Free License (MDFL)
Penta Security Systems (herein referred to as Penta Security) provides MyDiamo Free License to all individual users, companies or organizations for including, but not limited to, testing, evaluating, installing, displaying, presenting, and for marketing purposes. The license will be issued and validated for a limited amount of time (approximately 30 days). It must be activated within a week of its issue date, otherwise will be expired. To renew or receive a new license, please send an email to email@example.com.
1.1 MyDiamo Free License for Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organizations
Non-private sectors such as non-profit (NPO) or non-governmental organizations (NGO), are welcomed to not only sign up for the free trial license but request a one year license at no additional cost. To receive this license for free, NGOs and NPOs are required to hand in all official documents that demonstrate the organization’s mission, engagements as well as legitimacy and prove of its eligibility. Upon registration and confirmation for the issuance of the free yearly license, the said organization must agree to sign a marketing agreement which allows Penta Security rights to disclose the organization’s name as well as other relevant information to create and publish case studies and references for marketing and business purposes.
2. MyDiamo Commercial License (MDCL)
Penta Security provides MyDiamo Commercial License (MDCL) to all private sectors for including, but not limited to, business, sales, marketing, and security purposes. The following category of business, service, and solution model may be given the authority, rights as well as information to utilize MyDiamo for profit intent:
- Reselling of MyDiamo to customers, clients, end-users
- Reselling of MyDiamo as a bundle/additional feature of another or a packaged software
- Reselling of any hardware system which carries MyDiamo software
- Providing MyDiamo as a database security solution along with other database services
- Using any functions of MyDiamo to provide any form of commercial services
3. Technical Support
General technical support and information on MyDiamo may be found on the community section of the website forum. High-level technical support along with direct assistance from Penta Security will be offered for MDCL users only. Issues occurring under an MDFL are left to the responsibility and discretion of the user. Note that MyDiamo does not support any third-party vendor release version of MySQL.
4. Use of Customer/Product Name, Intellectual Property, and Statistical Information
The software of MyDiamo and its license shall hereinafter be referred to collectively as the “Product”.
4.1 Use of Customer’s Name.
The Licensee agrees that Penta Security may use Customer’s name and may disclose that the Licensee is a licensee of Penta Security products or services in Penta Security’s advertising, press, promotional materials, and similar public disclosures with respect to the Product, and professional services only when the Licensee has explicitly agreed to allow Penta Security to use the Customer’s name; provided, however, that such advertising, promotion or similar public disclosures shall not indicate that the Licensee in any way endorses any of Penta Security’s products, without prior written permission from the Licensee. The Licensee agrees that Penta Security may issue a press release regarding the relationship; provided that the parties mutually agree to the content and timing of such release, approval of which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
4.2 Use of Product’s Name.
The Licensee agrees not to publish the name of either the Product or Penta Security in any document, advertising, press, or promotional material, or in any other public disclosure without the express written consent of Penta Security; provided, however, that such advertising, promotion or similar public disclosures shall not indicate that Penta Security in any way endorses any of the Licensee’s products. Penta Security agrees that the Licensee may issue a press release regarding the relationship; provided that the parties mutually agree to the content and timing of such release, approval of which shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Violation of this agreement shall result in legal action taken by Penta Security against the Licensee.
4.3 Use of Intellectual Property.
Any intellectual property acquired by the Licensee while evaluating or using the Product remains proprietary information of Penta Security. The Licensee must obtain written permission from Penta Security before making any public disclosure or publishing any information utilizing the intellectual property of Penta Security. Violation of this agreement shall result in legal action taken by Penta Security against the Licensee.
4.4 Collection and Use of Statistical Information.
Statistical data can be collected by the Intelligent Customer Support Center of Penta Security upon agreement with the Licensee. If Penta Security opts to publish this data, they agree to abide by section 9.1, and will only publish the Licensee’s name with the Licensee’s express written consent. There are no restrictions placed upon the Licensee’s collection of statistical data; however, the Licensee agrees to abide by section 9.2, and shall not publicly disclose or publish the name of either the Product or Penta Security without the express written consent of Penta Security.
Application of General Public License (GPL)
MyDiamo contains components of the GNU GPL. Software utilizing these source components are subject to the same licensing rules of the GPL.
A copy of the GNU General Public License is listed below.
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place – Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.
The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software–to make sure the software is free for all its users. This General Public License applies to most of the Free Software Foundation’s software and to any other program whose authors commit to using it. (Some other Free Software Foundation software is covered by the GNU Library General Public License instead.) You can apply it to your programs, too.
When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.
To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights. These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.
For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.
We protect your rights with two steps: (1) copyright the software, and (2) offer you this license which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the software.
Also, for each author’s protection and ours, we want to make certain that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software. If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original authors’ reputations.
Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software patents. We wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free program will individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the program proprietary. To prevent this, we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for everyone’s free use or not licensed at all.
The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution, and modification follow.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION, AND MODIFICATION
0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of this General Public License. The “Program”, below, refers to any such program or work, and a “work based on the Program” means either the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without limitation in the term “modification”.) Each licensee is addressed as “you”.
Activities other than copying, distribution, and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.
1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program’s source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on the Program.
In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this License.
3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
If the distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.
An application to constitute a “derivative work” for the purpose of this license if it does any of the following:
1. Integrates source code from MyDiamo.
2. Integrates/includes/aggregates MyDiamo into a proprietary executable installer, such as those produced by InstallShield.
3. Links to a library or executes a program that does any of the above.
4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
5. You are not required to accept this License since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the Program or its derivative works. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or any work based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or modifying the Program or works based on it.
6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients’ exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.
7. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues), conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the Program at all. For example, if a patent license would not permit royalty-free redistribution of the Program by all those who receive copies directly or indirectly through you, then the only way you could satisfy both it and this License would be to refrain entirely from distribution of the Program.
If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or other property right claims or to contest the validity of any such claims; this section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free software distribution system, which is implemented by public license practices. Many people have made generous contributions to the wide range of software distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to distribute software through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that choice.
This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a consequence of the rest of this License.
8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License.
9. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and “any later version”, you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for permission. For software which is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes make exceptions for this. Our decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
12. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS